Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, April 16, 2007

So tired....

We made it back Sunday evening. Still tired, but I feel up to making a trip recap now.

Colby and I left Friday afternoon. Around Texarkana, the rain started. And it rained. And rained. And rained. And rained. All the way through Arkansas, Memphis, and Jackson, TN. Around Memphis, we saw some incredible lightning - if I had thought about it, the lightning over the Memphis skyline would have been an awesome photo - oh well, opportunity lost (it was cold!)
We stayed the night in Jackson, after stopping at a Waffle House, where the waitress tried (desperately) to sell us a slice of pie. We successfully avoided temptation and spent the night there in Jackson (without pie). Saturday, we got up early and drove through Nashville towards Hendersonville, seeking the gravesite of Johnny Cash. The cemetery isn't marked very well - we drove by it a couple of times before Colby spotted it. Anyway, we got out and began searching the markers one by one. This old man was parked nearby, and he asked if he could help. He wasn't an employee of the cemetery - I guess he just liked hanging around and helping wayward souls (lol) with whatever they needed. He directed us to Cash's grave, which we quickly found.
Afterwards, we tried to find Cash's house (which recently burned down). I forgot to search for directions, so we tried just driving around the lake for awhile - to no avail. So I called Dee, who quickly found his house on Google and told us how to get there. I have the pics to prove she did it! (see my Flickr photos).
We had planned on seeing some other sites in Nashville, but finding his house and the gravesite had taken too much time, so we drove back to Memphis and spent the night there - and the nightlife was lively at that motel, and quite loud at 3 AM. Then Sunday we headed back - detoured through Hot Springs for some reason (I like detours) and made it back to Paris around 6-7 PM (I forget exactly). So I am very tired still - and yet ready for the Next Big Trip in late May (tentative plans call for me to take off May 30-Jun 10 or so for the Arizona trip). And that should be enough traveling for awhile (it gets expensive).

1 comment:

Dee Martin said...

Well rest up from the adventure and come to church wednesday night. I have a couple of DVDs you may want to borrow too. Charlie Campbell was there on Sunday and did FOUR sessoins on apologetics and we went to all four. Very interesting stuff. The dvds are Evidence for God's Existence and Evidence for Trustworthiness of the Bible. His website is alwaysbeready.com . Anyway I know you don't do the early Sunday morning thing and we have just started to go again on Wednesday nights. Hope you'll come. The pics are great by the way - haven't had time to comment but I did look at them. I have some good Photoshop tutorial videos you might want to check out, too. Glad you both made it back safe.