Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Kitty In A Bottle

Hmm, so do I post anything that isn't filched from somewhere else anymore? I guess not - because I just found this funny clip on YouTube. The title was "Cat In The Bottle", and I was thinking along some very different wavelengths than the clip's owner. Anyway, the cat itself isn't that funny - it's the campy background music. I can't get it out of my head (WARNING: If you're easily amused or emotionally disturbed by bizarre music, don't watch this). It makes me think of something Stephen King would write about - a serial killer who sings while you die. Or even worse, John Denver. (ughhhhh, John Denver, and 20 points to the person who catches the reference)

Anyway, here's the clip:



btw, perusing through the clip's comments, I found this:

i hope that someone gets my
i hope that someone gets my
i hope that someone gets my
kitty in a bot-tle,
kitty in a bot-tle!


Dang, now THAT song is stuck in my head. I used to love R.E.M. - now they're ruined for me!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Uh, "Message in a Bottle" was sung by The Police. . .

*snort*

homer4k said...

Ooops. Don't know how that one slipped through. Must have been that bizarre campy cheerful music, or I'm just losing it. Or both.

(sigh)

Heather said...

Wait, does it sound like REM when you sing it?

:>

homer4k said...

@ Heather - It does sound like REM when I sing it, but only when I've had too many Bailey's-laden lattes. Hmm, that sounds pretty good. Think I'll have one now (and warm up my voice, ha ha)

Actually, some people have compared my voice with the rich, deep baritone croon of Bing Crosby. Most of these comparisons are unfavorable, however.

And while we're talking of liquor and singing, I need to tell you the story of my uncle's funeral back in 2004. But that's too much for a comment here - I'll have to email you (or just post the story, ha ha)

Heather said...

Mmmm, Bailey's. Wait--I am still trying to de-tox from Oktoberfest in September, Wine Fest in October, and the limoncello-infused "OMG-I'm 33!?! What am I DOING with my life!?!" experience the first few days of November. Now you know where my blog title came from. :p I'm feeling much better now. :)

But--I came here to post that the "Kitty in a Bottle" song has been periodically running through my head the last few days. Eesh. I get the nice visual along with it, too! Ack!