Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Addendum

I finally got my free Obama pin from Moveon.org. My original plan was to deplete the pin supply by 1, so that there would be one true Obama supporter our there who wouldn't get a button.

But, I have devised an even better secondary use for my ill-gotten Obama pin. Should McCain win, a friend of mine believes there will be rioting on the part of Obama supporters. If that is the case, I can quickly fasten the pin on my shirt, and I will get a free pass as the destructive, riotous horde passes over me.

And yes, I was trying to make an allusion to the Exodus. Lamb's blood on the doorposts, so the angel would pass over them, etc. Gilbert was amused at my idea - he thinks I could be a modern day Moses with my Obama pin.


Okay, seriously this time: Time to go vote!!

7 comments:

Robin said...

I kinda think there will be riots no matter who wins.

Anonymous said...

I never considered there might be riots. I really hope there aren't.

homer4k said...

I hope there aren't any, too. My friend Gilbert (a elderly black man with lots of cool stories, btw) thinks that many blacks are so invested in Obama that if he loses, that may simply be too much for them.

Hopefully not.

Robin said...

I heard an interview with a woman who had just voted for Obama. She was overwhelmed with emotion, and she said she didn't have to worry about buying gas or paying her mortgage now. Since she helped Obama (by voting), he, in turn, would not help her.

I can't say for sure, but I have a feeling she will be disappointed. I am sad for people who really think he will bring about drastic change. But maybe I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think most of the foundation of this country is already figured out; so I don't expect any monumental changes, either. At this point, I think the best we can hope for is damage control on the financial front.

As for that woman who said she didn't have to worry about anything anymore--sheesh, people are so silly and say the most irrational things! I guess they hear what they want to hear. Not a good thing. It bugs me when people are like that. Urg.

homer4k said...

Heather - thanks for reminding me of what Robin said about the silly woman. I will try to find some video of her on Youtube and post later. I am about to make an emergency caffeine run to Paris Coffee for another supercharged latte (4 espresso shots, skim milk, sugar free mocha...mmm) to keep me going all night, if needed, watching election coverage. This is more fun than Christmas!!

And the fact that I just said that means I have officially grown up. Politics more fun than Christmas? Gee, pass the Geritol and my walking cane. I need to take my pills.

Anonymous said...

Geez, 4 shots! I'd only stop talking when I keeled over from a heart attack. . . Or when someone sucker punched me for talking too much. :P