Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Big Scare...But Everything's Okay Now

snickers
I took Snickers for a walk today. Normally, I shut the gate in the fence around the track I take her to - but today I didn't. Normally, I always bring the leash just in case there are people at the track - but today I didn't. Normally, she stays with me the whole time, but today, she didn't. As we walked, I called Dee's daughter to tell her I would probably pick her up for church around 4 PM. I got off the cell phone and looked for Snickers - she was gone. I whistled - nothing. I called for her - still nothing. Then I saw her - on the other side of the fence, across the road! She must have gone back through the open gate and decided to go back home on her own. I ran - not a brisk walk, not a jog, but a flat-out RUN! I could just see her getting squashed by a speeding truck or something. I finally caught up to her after running through the gate and a good ways down the road - she knew she was in trouble but I suppose I was more glad she was okay than angry with her. Anyway, everything is okay now.
The next big thing is going to Baylor this Tuesday for Dale's surgery. I hope everything is okay for that as well. Then this weekend I'm taking Kinsey and Jessica to the hospital to see Dale, and maybe do some Christmas shopping, look at lights, and things of that nature. Maybe I'll even make some of that punch Mom makes for Christmas Eve every year and take a thermos - we always drank some when driving around looking at lights on Christmas Eve. Hmm, that sounds good...

2 comments:

Robin said...

Sneaky little dog!

I am going to try to make that punch this year, but I will have to improvise since I don't have a percolater.

Mmmm...a cup of that punch sounds good right now.

Anonymous said...

dogs and kids - they just like to get your attention every now and then! Glad she was okay - people drive so fast on that road!