Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Politics, Politics

I'm watching the Democratic Presidential debate as I write this - ooooh, I'm live blogging!!! Not that I am a liberal - far from it. I just enjoy watching these characters dance around the issues with feel-good nonsense answers, cliches and platitudes (i.e. "return power to the people", "what the people want", and so on). My favorite line so far (not counting Joe Biden's pretty good attempts at levity) is from Dennis Kucinich, responding to the question of providing drivers licenses to illegals. He skirts the issue, and instead takes issue with Wolf Blitzer's use of the term "illegal", saying they should be called "undocumented". GAHHH!!!????? They broke the law by coming here ILLEGALLY, therefore they are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!! I am sick and tired of the dems trying to play down that fact - they are law breakers, plain and simple.

Hillary Clinton just said she feels "very comfortable in the kitchen", referring to the heat she has been getting from the 'boys' lately. But it reminds me of something else she said back in Bill's days about not staying in the kitchen and baking cookies. I recall Mom took some offense at that - just a little!! Seems like Hillary might not be as comfortable in the kitchen as she says, ha ha.

Obama is floundering, almost petulant because he can't seem to get his points across. The reason he can't get them across is because he refuses to give a straight answer - and they thought Clinton (Hillary) was bad about that! The guy's a politician, trying to give a slick answer and not actually answer the questions. Anyone who thinks he is a political outsider is gravely mistaken.

So far, the winner in my opinion is either Joe Biden or Bill Richards. Biden seems to have charisma, a presidential presence, at least on the debate floor. I still have no intention of voting for any of these guys, but I seem to like Biden the best. Edwards is too slick. Hillary is just.....well, she's something. Not because she's a woman - gimme a female candidate who is worth voting for, who can be presidential, and I'll vote for her in a heartbeat if she's the best candidate. Too bad Maggie Thatcher can't run for president - now that woman was a great leader. Condoleezza Rice - not that she has presidential ambitions, but if she made a run for the White House, it would garner my interest. I don't know of her experience in domestic issues, but she might make a good President.

That's all for now - watching these guys is making me laugh too much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I didn't even watch the debate. I tend to agree with your opinions about the candidates.