Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, November 05, 2007

Two Days

Well, a little over one day, to be precise. On Wednesday, Snickers will have her surgery on her eye to remove the growth located there. It's not a life threatening condition. It merely irritates her eye to the point that it tears up all the time. I know if I had a growth on my eyelid pressing on and even touching my cornea, I would be ready to get it taken off, and QUICK! So this is a good thing, even though Snickers probably won't realize that. In fact, this will probably be the worst thing she's ever gone through, other than last week when I dropped her off at the vet (presumably to have the surgery, but that didn't exactly work out). First, she can have no food after 6 PM Tuesday. That in itself is a travesty, from her point of view - NO TREATS!! Then, to add insult to injury, no water after bedtime. She drinks more water than any dog I've ever seen.
Anyway, once the surgery is over, she will be much more comfortable, so to me, it's well worth it. Some might scoff at spending close to upwards of $500 total (including the bile acid test last week) on a dog - I don't. Now if it was a cat, uh, yeah, save the money for something worthwhile (like doggie treats!). Sorry, cat lovers out there.
Hmm, that makes me think: I need to get Snickers something really nice, a treat to end all treats. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Dee Martin said...

how about a boy dog? sheesh - that was bad, don't know where that came from....

homer4k said...

The vet settled the question - minimal food and water tonight so her tummy doesn't ralph or anything. This weekend (Sunday) she will get Popeye's chicken - one strip, anyway.