Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Random....

Have you ever been in a situation where (during a conversation somewhere among a group) someone blurts out something totally random and unrelated to the main conversation? That's the impression I got after reading the following editoral (not written by Roy!) from the Paris News.

To the Editor:

This month I saved $598 on grocery and other items with sales coupons. I spent $139. I bought 279 items from Jan. 1 until Jan 28.

Martha Lane

Paris
Okay, let me get this straight. Martha was totaling up her coupon savings (as well as counting the number of items she bought) for nearly a month. She saw the total savings, and was apparently impressed by the figure, enough to tell the Paris News about it.

How bizarre and totally random! I guess Martha just likes to share the details of her life with peeps - or perhaps it was a thinly disguised promotion for the use of coupons? You be the judge!

2 comments:

Robin said...

You mean you don't keep track of the number of items you buy at the grocery store?

Dee Martin said...

which grocery store? What items? where did the coupons come from? aaaarg not enough information! I'll be worried about this for days!