Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Photoshop Techniques

I learned a nifty and easy new PS trick to liven up photos recently. Basically, you take your image, duplicate it as a new layer, then apply a gaussian blur to the new layer so that basic shapes are still visible, but the details are blurred. Then change the mode to Overlay, and you wind up softly increasing contrast and saturation - here's a before and after.



Simple, but nice - and very effective on low contrast images.

4 comments:

Dee Martin said...

very nice simple way to get a lot of improvement!

Robin said...

Cool trick. I like it.

When I view this on my work laptop, the pictures are all over the place. When I view on our personal laptop, they are lined up nicely.

I just thought you were not good at inserting pics :)

homer4k said...

how weird - I didn't think I was good at inserting pics, either. ;) Seriously, I have no clue why it would work on one and not the other.

Dee Martin said...

probably screen resolution setting. The absolute size of the pics might make them show up wonky if the resolution is different on the two laptops.