Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A List...

Gee, not much posting lately. Of course, not alot has been happening - over the past few weeks, here is a partial listing of interesting bits of tid:

1) I got a teleconverter (2x) for my camera, so my 150 mm lens becomes a 300 mm lens - with a slight reduction in image quality. But it was much much cheaper than buying that $6,000 lens I had my eye on (!)

2) I got sick - went home from work Tuesday of last week feeling quite icky. I felt so bad I didn't walk for two days straight!

3) Speaking of walking, I have been spending my lunch break walking at a local park for the past three weeks (excluding sick days, lol). At least a mile at first, I am currently working on 2 miles per day this week. Soon, I may even start jogging!

4) Along with number 3, I have modified my diet, so to speak, and so the diet/exercise combination has resulted in a loss of 21 lbs as of the Tuesday morning weigh-in. Yay me!

5) I got a fisheye converter for my camera (same as number 1, but does the opposite. I believe it is a 0.42x converter, which means it increases the field of view, along with a slight reduction in image quality, but for much cheaper than a fisheye lens)

6) I joined a local photography group - we have a monthly 'contest' where we submit a photo taken during that month and we all decide on the winner. No photoshop allowed (that was my suggestion, otherwise I would blow everyone else away cuz they are mostly photoshop-challenged). On second thought, I should have kept my mouth shut - blast, foiled again!!

7) Addendum to number 6: Okay, it's not really a photography group, it was just an idea Mark had, but I thought calling it a group sounded cooler. Anyway, the 'members' include myself, Mark, Marion, and related children who like photography (Meredith). It may be small, but we could be open to new members - call us the Lamar County Photography Association (if that group already exists, we'll have to destroy them first - I'll let my Minister of Getting Rid Of Peeps I Don't Like handle that. Dee, where are you??)

I guess that's it for now!

3 comments:

Robin said...

4) 21 pounds! Way to go!

I've been taking pictures almost everyday now...you would be proud of me.

I think you should post more often. I get lonely and bored up here, and turn to my blogs for entertainment. I hardly ever have anything to say on mine, but somehow I come up with something.

Dee Martin said...

I'm not a photographer (but I'd have gone for the photoshop thing) but I will tell Jessica. Just let me know who want zapped - I live to serve.
21 pounds WOW - I'm jealous. Hi Robin! Dee

Robin said...

Hi Dee!