Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, December 12, 2008

Uhhh, is this for real?

No comments on this video - I want you to watch it without any preconceived notions I might give you. Go ahead, take a peek.




My first reaction? Surely this is some form of parody or other attempt at humor. After all, would the Chief Game Naming Officer at any respectable company even consider "Ball Busters" as a game title?

Okay, I could see it as a title of some game sold at your local Spencers - I won't go into further details here . But a (seemingly) real family game? Uhhh, no. Plus, the video looks old, and they weren't nearly as permissive with such things back then.

All that makes me think this is simply a fun little video someone made for laughs. But there is one more little bit of tid in the clip that exposes the truth: the manufacturer is named "Mego". I've not heard of them - Milton Bradley, yes, but Mego, no. So I googled "Mego", and what do you think I found?

Mego was real. This game was real.

(Yeah, I'm as shocked as you are, ha ha)

I'm pretty sure John McCain hired the former head of Mego advertising to run his campaign.

Dang, I need some dramatic chipmunk to clear my head. Ah, here we are!



And thanks to Heather for this humorous mod of the Dramatic Chipmunk (looks more hamsterish to me):


2 comments:

Heather said...

It's really a prairie dog. People are so disconnected from their rodents these days. . . ;)

Speaking of hamsters, this is a funny hamster video/commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvUIQEB1tjA&feature=related

Heather said...

Oh, you might enjoy this list of "50 Worst Video Game Names": http://www.gamerevolution.com/feature/worst_names

Sticky balls. . . Haha, I laughed so hard I cried a little.