Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Snuggie?



Okay, aside from all the youtube parodies of this outrageously overhyped product (It's a blanket with sleeves, ya moron!!!), watching the Snuggie vid raises some concerns. All those Snuggies reminds me of some sort of modern Celtic festival, or even (GASP!) the dreaded Yuppie Satan Worshipers. Check out the vid at 0:20 - that's gotta be the Grand Master Wizard using his remote. And at 0:23, the (Evil) Wiccan Elder is rifling through her collection of horrible spells to cast - all without losing a precious ounce of body-warmed air. Or is it just the central air, fueled by the combustion of the SOULS OF THE DAMNED????

The dude with the laptop - no clue how he fits in.

Snuggies are scary - but I find this even scarier - that this product actually sells. And sells well.

I want one.

Also, I have a new dog.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, a new doggie! I was hoping you'd find one. You must post pics.

I completely agree about the Snuggie. Weird space-age worshippers came to mind for me, too. Hah, the fact that somewhere, someone was scrambling to the phone to get the two-for-one in sage. :P *snort* I mean, they've had a solution for this for years--it's called the bathrobe. :P

Okay, that's enough for me. I've had too much sugar.

Heather said...

This is good for a laugh. :)

To the Editor:
"The Worst Acronym Ever in Higher Education?" How could a story on acronyms in higher education pass up a chance to mention the American Sociological Society and its unfortunate acronym? The organization changed its name to the American Sociological Association in 1959, but one still wonders if...

Dee Martin said...

I just want the nifty reading light :)