Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lame Geek Joke I Just Made Up

This area (Paris, TX) recently went online on GoogleMaps Streetview feature. I'm sure we could come up with all kinds of 'reasons' (said with sarcastic tone) to use Streetview, but we all know the real reason we are drawn, nay, enchanted, nay, bewitched into spending hours checking out the virtual real world - it's just kewl.

Anyway, I've been traveling the streets of Paris right here on my laptop, seeing things I could see in real life, but this is so much more convenient. And I was thinking how peeps who see objectionable images of themselves (or whatever) on Streetview can petition the Allmighty Google to get that pic removed. Such thinking led me to a really geeky joke. Here goes!

What do you call it when GoogleMaps removes a Streetview image from their map?

(Prepare to groan)

It's a Real Life 404 Not Found error!

(Insert canned laughter here to get rid of the awful silence as my Constant Readers just can't bring themselves to laugh)

Okay, yeah, it was lame. So instead of another paragraph or two of inane geek humor, I'll just wrap this up and get back to StreetView. I think I'll go to Colorado Springs and see if i recognize anything from my trip there last year.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I was sure you'd go with something like Googlectomy. Or something involving the scratching of unmentionables or nose, ahem, grooming.

Ah, Colorado. . . I'm supposed to be applying to go back to school in Ft. Collins (it's on the list). I dunno, though. . .

Well, nothing like a deadline to sort that kind of thing out.

Oooo--it's snowing gorgeous white flakes right now! Awwwww. *sigh*