Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Thoughts On Mob Wars

Do you play Mob Wars? I know I do. (Pathetic attempt to sound like Andy Rooney, sorry)

The whole thing began with my sister. She needed more mobsters, apparently, in order to do more jobs on this game she was playing. She begged me to join (well, begged is a little strong, ha ha, but more dramatic) so I caved in and signed up. I had no plans to actually play the game, of course.

And then I decided to kinda just check Mob Wars out. Not to play it, mind you - just to see what it was all about. And then my brother-in-law asked me to join his Mob as well. And I started playing, and now I actually have several times a day where I experience a desperate need to check in on my mob, to make sure I haven't died due to a hit put on me (Thank you, Big Breasted Bertha, for my first death). And it has just snowballed from there.

There is a screen in Mob Wars where you can check out the stats of rival mobs. From there, you can also access the attack, punch in the face, and hitlist buttons. The funny thing is that when you check on the status of your own mob, the same screen appears, along with the punch in the face/hitlist options.


I figured that Mob Wars wouldn't actually let you punch yourself in the face.

I WAS WRONG!!

I clicked the punch link, and lo and behold, I got a status message saying "You punched yourself in the face, dealing yourself 6 damage".

I wonder if the hitlist option works on yourself. It would be like committing suicide, I guess. Suicide by mobster.

You're right, that was lame.


Note: If anyone would like to join my mob, I would be grateful. I still need 5 more mobsters so I can smuggle drugs by sea. Look for me on Facebook and add me as a friend and I'll send you an invite to join my mob.

My profile on Facebook is here



PS - I just saw a preview for the Simpsons season opener - the 20th season!!! The Simpsons has been on for a fifth of a century. How cool is that??

2 comments:

Robin said...

I warned you not to start playing the game!

Dee Martin said...

I'm temporarily hooked. I know my attention span - I will obsess and then one day it will just be eh, whatever....
For now though I am amassing funds and trying to buy property (thanks for the tip BJ)