Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten 4 Tuesday???

Since everyone seems to be on the Ten for Tuesday kick (and you know who you are!), I thought I would give it a try.

1. There is an appalling lack of decent TV shows for some reason. (Okay, I snagged this one from Dee, but it is still true until next January, when we can all get LOST!!)

2) I wish I could have been alive to see the Eagle (the LEM from Apollo 11) descend and touch down on the Moon. (I'm watching an Apollo documentary on PBS right now, which made me think of this)

3) Sometimes Congress does something that makes you think that maybe, just maybe, there is hope for them after all - not passing that idiotic $700 billion bail out fiasco. Go Representatives!!

4) Another space-oriented tid bit: I think if I ever get a dog again I shall name her "Laika", or in Russian, Лаика. That is the name of the first dog to orbit Earth, launched by the Soviets in 1958. There were others the Soviets launched earlier, but they just made sub-orbital flights. Лаика actually made it to orbit. The name, in Russian, literally means "barker" or "howler". It also refers to a Russian breed of dog. Anyway, I think tha would be a cool name for a dog.

5) Making lists is hard to do while playing Mob Wars.

6) Speaking of Mob Wars, my death count (number of times yoy've been killed) is now lower than my kill count (how many peeps you've wasted). My kills outnumber my deats. Oh yeah.

7) I could really use another week of vacation. I still have a week left, but I better save it for the holidays, maybe.

8) Oklahoma drivers just don't get it.

9) I got a gift certificate for my birthday - received from my sister - for Amazon. There are so many things I could order that I am still deciding. Overload!!

10) Yay, I'm done with the list!!


4 comments:

Robin said...

Yay for 10 for Tuesday! I need a vacation, too. I'd settle for a long weekend or even just one really fun day away from here.

Dee Martin said...

we are now part of the Ten for Tuesday club!!

I don't even want to think about vacation at this point...

homer4k said...

Wait a sec - does that mean we have to come up with 10 things EVERY TUESDAY???

Okay, that means I have tonight through next Tuesday to come up with 10 things. Scratch Tuesday night because of Bible study, so let's say I now have six evenings to come up with 10 things. That equates to 0.6 items per day.

Better get busy!!

Robin said...

We should change it to "five for Tuesday" or maybe even "two" to keep the alliteration.