Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, June 29, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away, and All Cracked Up

So I left the walking track last night, and on the drive home, I saw a guy building an ark - well, perhaps I am exaggerating a tad, but the fact remains that we are having one of the wettest summers I can ever recall. It's almost July and the temperature has barely reached 90 all summer long. No 100 degree days yet - this is a GOOD THING!! I keep hearing people bemoaning (my new favorite word) all the rain we're getting - yes, okay, flooding is bad, but I hope they remember all the whining when we hit August and it's over 100 day after day after day - then, they'll be bemoaning the lack of rain! People are so hard to please.

I received a pleasant surprise yesterday. A former coworker (Darwin) came by work to say hello and discuss the photo shoot I did at his church. It's been 2 months since I saw him - and it showed when he walked in, extended his hand and started to say "What up, B Jizzle?" (That's his name for me) - but he stopped and just stared for a moment, then asked me if I was "on the crack?" The weight loss is showing, very much so, apparently. I see myself everyday (well, duh) so it isn't that obvious. There are external signs, such as going down 10 pant sizes (yikes!), working all day and STILL having the energy to go walking afterwards, having the -- dare I say it-- desire to get up early on weekends and go walking, and so on. And of course the impartial judge, the scales. But still, it was really nice to get that kind of a reaction from Darwin. And no, I'm not "on the crack" - I'll just keep walking, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I say it enough but you really are looking great and I am so impressed that you have been so faithful about all this.

I too am enjoying the rain and cool weather though I sympathize with folks who are dealing with having their homes, businesses, and just roads flooded.

On the way home from Dallas yesterday we saw several places along 30 where the access road was underwater. Also a few places where creeks were out of their banks and pastures were flooded. Too much water is as much a problem for farmers as not enough. Doesn't do them any good if they can't get tractors into the field to plow or harvest.

Robin said...

Down 10 pant sizes - wow, way to go!

You should post (or maybe just send me) a picture of you.