Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rescue 911

Yesterday, I was out at Mom and Dad's for the usual NCIS Tuesday night. We noticed the martins (birds,not Dee and Dale) were flying around where they usually don't. One of the little ones had fallen out of the nest. Dad said he'd already had to rescue a martin chick, and there were two others that had fallen from the bird house and died. Apparently, these aren't the smartest birds, ha ha. Anyway, I tried to grab the bird but it ran into a bush, and I got Snickers to gently grab the bird in her mouth without hurting it. I was surprised she just didn't eat it, of course. Anyway, I got the bird on a broom and Dad and I lifted it up back to the birdhouse. Bird rescue is tough work!
So a little bit later, I went out to check on the bird, and it was fine - but another one had fallen from the birdhouse. Stupid, stupid birds.

3 comments:

Robin said...

You actually got Snickers to pick up the bird without hurting it? I'm impressed.

homer4k said...

Dee - the cat is too lazy to catch birds, unless they hop into her mouth as she yawns or something like that, ha ha.

Robin - I think Snickers was just too confused about whether it was a treat or not - most of her treats don't wiggle and flap and chirp.

Robin said...

The cat did catch a bird once, remember? But she didn't know what to do...so she opened her mouth, and it flew away.