Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Day 4

Funny, the days are all running together. I didn't realize it was Saturday until just now. In fact, all the highways, gas stations, motels and whatever are all blending together in my mind - where the heck am I right now, anyway? Oh yeah - Hurricane, Utah. The people here (locals) speak with a weird Germanish accent - at first I thought I driven a little out of the way and missed Utah and wound up in Europe - never noticed the Atlantic, though.
I saw the North Rim of the Grand Canyon - scouted the Bright Angel Trail, got some great pics, even one of a condor! Several people commented on Gary's walking stick - one man wanted to know where he could get one. I was sorry to disappoint him, ha ha.
Tomorrow I think I will check out Hoover Dam, and maybe drive into California just to say I've been there. Then I guess it's tie to turn around and head back - still cool things to see, though. You know, part of me is glad I came by myself - this journey has become more about proving to myself that I can do this. Normally, I would NEVER have done a cross country drive on my own - I just don't do things like that by myself. But it turned out great - and yet I'm glad it's coming to an end in the next few days.
Anyway, that's all for now - more to come tomorrow

live from Hurricane, Utah

No comments: