Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Oh, is it a new year already? Must have missed the ball dropping last night - I've never been much of a New Year's celebrant (to me, it marks the death of the holiday season, which is depressing enough with the Dec 26th Christmas Letdown). I went out to Mom and Dad's yesterday afternoon to walk Snickers, and wound up staying for a bit, watching the Hee Haw marathon on CMT. Uh, yeah, you read that right - it was more fun than it sounds, since we mostly made fun of the show, but there was some good music. Johnny Cash even guest starred on one episode.

But eventually I couldn't take Hee Haw anymore, so I left around 10:30 or so. And I got on the computer, Flickered for a bit, (insert obligatory Flickr photo here:)Christmas Tree and then I decided to watch Walk The Line (must have been from seeing Johnny and June on Hee Haw). And then I looked at the clock on my screen and it was a little after 3 am. And that was the extent of any 'celebrating' that I did. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Years Eve ALWAYS disappointed em til I changed my expectations of it entirely. It's fine to celebrate but I think it more of a night to sit back and quietly reflect and just sort of give it a nod as it passes. The times I did go to a New Years party (when I young and a little crazier) they were pretty lame anyway. Plus - no hangover means not feeling crappy on New Years Day. Just in case I forget - I love ya this year too!