Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, March 17, 2008

Snickers

Her final vet appointment was originally at 2 PM today. But this morning, she was just so horrible to watch - pathetic and sad, nothing like the dog she was. So I decided to move her appointment up. Mom and Dad came along too - at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this by myself, but in the end I was glad they were there. She was their dog, too, after all.

Snickers ended her life on Earth at 11:16 AM today, March 17, 2008. She was born on December 18, 1995. That comes out to 12 years, 2 months, 28 days. Which is 107,352 hours. When you think of it that way, it doesn't sound like much time at all.

However, despite the sadness, I know she is in a much better place. Instead of being weak and feeble, stumbling and sick, she is running around with the Lord, full of strength and life. And that makes it all worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can hardly stand to read this - it's so sad. I couldn't leave the only comment as being spam though so here is my comment and at least it isn't from some silly ass spammer! You already know how I feel - see you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, BJ! :(