Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Snickers Update

She has gone down rapidly, far more rapidly than I had thought possible. If I had known she would get this bad this fast, I would have gone ahead and put her down Friday at the vet. She can't get up at all very well. When she goes outside, she gets a drink, then wanders a little bit (a few feet now) then stumbles and falls down. God, it hurt me to see her fall so much. Today I got to the point where I would just pick her up and bring her back inside - she has lost 20 lbs since January, so she is pretty light. It's so sad to see her like this and compare with the robust dog she used to be.

The really bad part is after she is gone, I will still have to see her everywhere. My cellphone wallpaper is Snicker, my ringtone is her barking, my screensavers and wallpapers at work and home are all Snickers. I am surrounded by her memory.

I dread tomorrow. I know it's for the best, but I dread it with every fiber of my being. Losing Snickers will hurt more than I had ever thought possible.

2 comments:

Dee Martin said...

I don't even know what to say. I'm praying for you.

Robin said...

:(