Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, May 20, 2007

What happened???

Yeah, I know it's been awhile - alot has been happening and I just don't have the time to update as much. Actually, the REAL reason is I'm just not on the computer as much as I used to be (gasp!). With all the time I spend walking/jogging, and other stuff, I just don't spend as much time surfing as I used to. Well, the past week has been an exception - but with good reason. I got a laptop (which Mom thought I should have given her for Mother's Day, lol) and I've been configuring it hastily so as to be ready in time for the upcoming Great Western Journey II - starting May 30. I set up a wireless network (like it was hard, ha ha) AND I also set up file sharing between my old computer and the laptop - so I can suck movies and music off the old one like crazy instead of burning to DVD or using a jump drive. Anyway, I also got some maps and other nav aids loaded - to use when between wifi hotspots. Anyway, instead of burning a bunch of music cds, I will run the laptop off the AC power thing that plugs in the cigarette lighter, and hook up the FM transmitter to that - how far does that rate on the geek scale?
So anyway, there is this last full week plus the weekend to get prepared - lots of hiking planned, mostly to find the perfect photo ops. I hope to do alot of sunset and even sunrise photography - that is, of course, the best time for landscape photography. Sunset if often referred to as the 'golden hour' - the light is at an angle, more golden and even red the closer you get to sunset, and that provides a great source of illumination, rather than the harsh flat light of the daytime sun. I also hope to get some great nighttime shots - the moon should be high enough and bright enough to illuminate the landscape at night - we'll see how that goes.

No comments: