Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Trip

Well, we made last minute plans and kinda got the 'schedule' (if that's what you want to call it) ironed out. Colby and I will leave about 4 AM this Friday, drive up the Indian Nation Turnpike, hit I-40 W through Oklahoma City, continue through Amarillo, turn onto US 385 (I think) at Vega, drive up through New Mexico and into Colorado, winding up at Pueblo sometime that evening, or afternoon if we push it. Then Saturday, we check out the Royal Gorge Bridge and Garden of the Gods, and possibly Pike's Peak, or that may be Sunday. Sunday for sure we will do a drive through of Rocky Mountain National Park, plus Pike's Peak if we don't manage to get it in Saturday.
Monday will be some driving, all the way up through Wyoming to see Devil's Tower. Probably spend the night in Gillette, then Tuesday and Wednesday we will tour South Dakota (Black Hills, Jewel Cave, tour an old gold mine somewhere, and the Badlands). After that, we will begin the long journey home through Nebraska and Kansas and Oklahoma.

In other news: I was watching a Lunesta commercial last night. You know, the one with the glowing green luna moth that flies around the insomniac people, hovers over them, and then they fall asleep right away. I have to tell you - if I ever woke up and saw a glowing green moth hovering over my face, I would probably yell out very loudly. That would totally creep me out, ha ha. Of course, the luna moth is supposed to make you sleep (since you took Lunesta) so I probably wouldn't wake up, so everything would be copacetic, even if the glowing green moth appeared. I wonder, if you took Lunesta and set your alarm to wake you up, would you see the moth? Hmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time was this posted LOL
I'm again, seriously jealous and planning to blog you.

homer4k said...

unfortunately, it was posted Monday afternoon - no explanation for the weird moth diatribe, lol.