Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Thunderation!

Recently my sister posted about how she and I would read cereal boxes during breakfast (as children), comparing the nutrition information of one cereal with another, and if her cereal's vitamin B (or whatever) was higher, she would win. Think vitamin contest. Anyway, it sounds pretty silly to me now, being much older AND wiser (or at least one of those two). However, in the interest of reciprocity, I will mention something else weird and...well, just plain weird, that happened when we were but young.
I was at my parents' house today for various reasons, helping Dad cut trees down among them. He went outside to mow and I went inside to look at the computer - seems Mom was having computer problems. Anyway, I quickly fixed it, somehow, and I went to watch some TV while waiting for Dad to finish mowing so we could cut trees. I happened upon an old video tape marked "Red River, NM - B.J. DO NOT TAPE OVER". (I used to use any old tape I could find to record things, whether they were simply old HGTV episodes or priceless memories). So I popped in the tape and to my surprise, I saw several interesting things.
1) A clip of a deer, grazing in the valley, then running off. Pretty cool.
2) A clip of Dad, Robin and myself with Dad holding all the fish we had caught that day. Again, nothing too out of the ordinary.
3) A puppet show called Puppets On Broadway (LIVE!). Yeah, this is the one that made me laugh. It seems Robin and Erin and Heidi got the idea to put on a puppet show. I somehow got sucked into filming it and doing the music (yes, we had music!). You see, my family was vacationing in Red River with the Hombergers (Phil, Debbie, Erin, and Heidi - they have an adopted son now, but he wasn't there then), sharing a really cool old cabin with them. Anyway, the girls put on the show, featuring such hits as Thunderation, From A Distance, something by Wilson Phillips, and other hits (I use the term loosely).

I guess it isn't that bad - just funny. Not nearly as strange as the Jolly Rancher wars Robin and I used to have, or the Care Bear/Transformer wars. Gee, we had alot of wars as kids.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Ummmm....you need to destroy that tape. I remember making that puppet show.

homer4k said...

Just be glad I'm not set up to transfer video tape to computer - we might see that video file on Youtube, if I could.

Robin said...

I wouldn't go there if I were you....you never know what kind of stuff I can dig up.

Dee Martin said...

I think I may know a place where tape can be transferred to dvd.....

Robin said...

hey now...

Robin said...

I think it's time for a new post to get this one off the top of your blog.