Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Update

Gee, it sure has been a long time since my last post. I know some peeps like to post every day, even if they don't have much to say, but I prefer to wait until something interesting happens or I have an idea about something - I don't post just to post. Having said that, it's time to post simply to post!

Last weekend I tried to view the Leonid meteor shower. "Tried" because an hour or so before the peak (10:45 PM CST Sat night), high clouds rolled in, blocking the view. Ooooh I was miffed! I brought my camera and DVDcam back inside and got on the computer instead. About 1:30 I went back out just for a quick view - and guess what? The clouds were gone. I checked the weather back on the computer and it turned out that the high clouds rolled through very quickly - if I"d gone back out a half hour later they would have been gone. Argh!! I missed the peak, but other reports say they Leonids weren't that spectacular this year (certainly not like a couple of years ago!)

I let Colby drive my car recently. We went out on the back roads - I wanted to get some fall pics and he had asked me about maybe getting some driving time in, so I caved and let him. Like I said, we stuck to the back roads so there was little if any traffic. We started by driving over the dam at Pat Mayse, then turned onto some roads I've never been on (nor had he). We turned left and right randomly, and after a while wound up in --- BONHAM!!! ---. Yep, we drove all the way to the next county on back roads and never even realized it. Oh well, it was a slightly interesting trip.

Speaking of trips, we have decided to change our destination for the Great 2007 Roadtrip. Instead of New York, we think Canada would be a cooler (ha) and a cheaper destination. Drive up I-35, see the sights, and so on. I wonder if you need a passport in these post 9/11 days - better check into that.

I bought the supplies to build an Alpha Radiation Visualizer - you take a cheap webcam, a smoke detector (to supply the small amount of americium, a radioactive element), mount the americium inside the webcam so the radiation bombards the sensor, then place the webcame inside a box with copper flashing to minimize outside electrical noise, then enjoy the cool sights - I'll be putting it together Thanksgiving with Kinsey's help.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, the Martins are coming over, which should make for interesting times. We aren't doing the church Thanksgiving meal like the past three years or so - this will be a normal Thanksgiving meal, with friends and family only. I believe I am in charge of the sweet potatoes and something else - maybe I'll be inspired to cook something wonderful, lol.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You so should go to New York and stop in DC for a visit on the way!

Who likes the Canadians anyways?