Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Photo Habit

Argh!! I took no pictures today - the idea was to finally have a do-nothing Saturday for the first time in weeks. No outings, jaunts, travelling of any kind, no forays into unknown territory for photo magic - just relaxation. And this evening I was overwhelmed with a pressing desire to take photos of something - ANYTHING, just so long as I could click the shutter and hear it snap open and shut. Ahhhhhh. Even the bathroom tile began to look good as a subject - some geometrical studies, perhaps. And that was when I knew I have gotten into photography as more than a hobby - it's an obsession.
So I forced myself to put down the camera, zip it up in its bag, and veg in front of the TV for awhile. The urge to click went away (kinda) but it is still lurking underneath, waiting for a weak moment. I should probably stop taking my camera with me everywhere - a guy at work calls my camera bag my 'man purse'. Anyway, this has turned into a completely pointless post (as they all tend to be, ha ha) so I will end it now...and perhaps break out the camera......

No comments: