Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, September 22, 2006

100000 Years and Counting

32 and counting - gosh, that seems like a large number. Hey, I'm 2^5 years old! That's 100000 in binary, and 20 in hex (base 16 for you non-geek types). Anyway, who would actually spend the time to calculate their age in non base 10 numbering systems? (me apparently)
Actually, today was rather fun, despite not taking off from work. And why bother? I'd have just stayed home and Flickrd all day long, which is exactly what I'm going to do tonight, starting in a few minutes, because this evening I saw one of the more awesome lightning shows of this year - a perfect opportunity to test out my new lightning photography skills. Or rather, to test what I have learned about photography in general as applied to the interesting situation of lightning photography - low light, nonfunctional autofocus, long exposures, higher ISO ratings which means more noise in the photo ESPECIALLY with longer exposures, fleeting nature of subject, and so forth. The results won't be shown on the Weather Channel anytime (unless it's a slow weather day, and I mean sloooooooooooooow) but a few were nice, considering this was my first attempt. They'll be on Flickr soon so check out the link on the sidebar.
There has been far too much death, suicide, and killings in this fair town of late. Not to go into details, but one person was killed, one killed himself (after killing the first person), one died in a wreck, and one kid attempted suicide, all in one week. All of these people were young (early to late teens), which makes it doubly tragic.
I discovered some missing pics on Dee's Ressurection Computer. Here's the story behind that: Back in 2004, both our computers crashed relatively close, timewise. Mine was struck by lightning, and hers died of (I believe) smoke inhalation, lol. Long story short, the stuff that was kaput on my system was okay on hers, and the stuff on her's that was kaput was just peachy on mine. So we cobbled together a single computer from two dead ones. Hmm, I guess the ressurection idea doesn't fly - okay, we Frankensteined a new computer from two dead ones. Anyway, there were some pics on there I did not archive, but the other night at her house I got on the old computer (still running!) and I found all those old wonderful photos. Now I just need to get them off of there and back on to mine, so I can Flickr them too. I love Flickr.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think re-cycled is the word you were looking for LOL Glad you had a good day and i can't wait to go check out Flickr for the new pics. Just don't do that kind of math on mu birthday!