Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Snickers

Two weeks ago, I took Snickers to the vet for her annual checkup. There was a growth on her eyelid that had been there for some time, but I wanted Dr White to check it out. He inspected it, and it turns out the growth was touching hey eyeball and irritating the eye, causing Snickers to tear up and blink all the time. Anyway, we scheduled surgery for Tuesday (yesterday), so when the time came, I took her to the vet (again! - she's getting suspicious of getting in the car now, ha ha). Not even an hour after I had dropped her off, I get a call from the vet - no surgery after all, at least not for now. Her blood enzymes (found in the blood CBC) were way off - suggesting something is wrong with her liver.
Dr. White performed another test on her during her stay. He fed her and then sampled her blood after eating to see if the liver was performing as it should. The results from that test should be in tomorrow. If all goes well, it will show her liver function is normal, and the surgery can go as scheduled. If not, that could mean any number of things, including imminent liver failure, which is bad. We'll find out Thursday, hopefully.

2 comments:

cruisermom said...

Oh, please keep us posted. I so appreciated your kind words when we lost our Cinnamon. It's a hard thing to have to deal with, and I hope things work out for you and Snickers both. Dr. White is a gem.

My best - Frances

Anonymous said...

I'm saying puppy prayers - text me, or call me or email me - whatever! Let me know.