Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, August 24, 2009

Nope, not dead.....

...just been too overloaded with various things (translation: too lazy to post but creative enough to try to cover up the non-postiness)

Anyhoo, during the two months since my last post, I have been sorely tempted to launch into some sort of verbal tirade against the enemies of "America According To The Constitution: How Things Should Be But They Just Aren't" before the government censors step in to silence seditious opinions. Yeah, I think I need to cut down my Glenn Beck listening or watching time. Too much of Glenn makes you want to start building your underground bunker and prepare for the collapse of the American economy due to hyperinflation or some other sort of nastiness. So I'm just putting my portable soapbox away for now.

Tonight I was outside with Sam, trying to get some pics of the thumbnail moon. Sam had roamed far away, so after I finished my photos I called for him to come back. I had just made it back to the porch when I heard Sam flying like crazy towards me. Just as he got to the porch, he dropped something he'd carried in his mouth in the bushes next to the porch. The moment I heard the thing drop to the ground, my internal alarm system activated - SNAKE!!! So I grabbed the nearest weapon I could find - the Battle Hoe - and began prodding the bushes to flush the 'snake' out. I'm sure it looked pretty silly - especially when I realized the 'snake' was just a frog. But oh well - I needed to practice my Battle Hoe moves anyway, so no harm done.

Okay, it's late - almost 5 AM - so I'm signing off for now.

2 comments:

Robin said...

OOOH, I love Glenn Beck, but yes, it's hard to listen to him all the time.

You stayed up until 5 am?

Heather said...

No need to move underground just yet, I think. People got along decently enough before fashion-print Snuggies and individually wrapped Twinkies, so I don't think all is lost, even if we have to Thoreau-it a bit.