Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, August 24, 2009

2012!!!

I sit here watching a stupid promo for some goofball movie (Megashark vs. Giant Octopus) trying not to spew water everywhere (I took a sip of water during the preview, right when the giant shark came out of the water) from laughter. What? You haven't heard of this movie? Well, here's a sneak peak.

(note: There is one bit of NSFW language, but I could forgive the guy. If I was in a plane and noticed a giant shark jump out of the water headed straight for me...well, I might say a choice phrase or two myself.)



Warning: Spoilers!! Did you see the shark jump out of the ocean and attack the plane? (Insert your own 'jump the shark' jokes here). I think there is a sequel being planned: "Snakes On A Plane Attacked By Sharks And Destroyed By Mutant Martian Marmosets". But hey, it would still probably be better than Star Wars Episodes 1-3.

Anyway, the REAL reason for posting was another trailer I came across from The Bad Astronomer, for a new movie all about disasters and such - 2012. For the uninformed, 2012 is the year everything ends because the Mayan calendar stops at that year, or something like that. I mean, those Mayans knew EVERYTHING, right? Anyway, someone edited the 2012 trailer into a comedy - kinda funny, I thought, until the TV showed a megashark attacking a jet plane. (cue old song: I'm Eatin'...On A Jet Plane). And here's the trailer:



Geek humor: What would you get if a thousand megasharks attacked you? A giga-bite. And if you feel the need to leave a comment complaining that the joke should have 1,024 megasharks, you can just shut up. I was aiming for geek humor, not nerdy humor. Get a life.

4 comments:

Dee Martin said...

we might need to go see this as a group and heckle it :)

(that is if we are still here...maybe the rapture will come first LOL)

Heather said...

Speaking of irreverant movies, I'm very curious about Michael Moore's new film Capitalism: A Love Story.

I wiki-ed it, and found the following, which made me laugh.

"In order to spark the erosion of capitalist standbys, Moore has insisted that upon release, no one use currency to see the film. He suggests to instead either pirate it or barter for tickets. He indicated in an interview that one live chicken should cover one person, or a bushel of corn for the whole family."

"Moore has reportedly reached an agreement with several movie theaters that would allow one megaphone in per screen. Moviegoers are encouraged to get in early to each screening, as the first patron with a megaphone will be the only one allowed to bring it in."

Oh my, sounds like it could be quite hilarious. I'm in the mood for irreverence lately. Life is just too crazy. :P

Heather said...

Well, apparently people hate M. Moore--so I just wanted to say I didn't mean to offend.

Ran across this blog "There, I fixed it" through a friend of mine--hilarious! Rather "ingenious" solutions to problems. :)

http://thereifixedit.com/

Heather said...

Homer4k, I must protest your lack of post-age. Are you preparing a bunker for 2012?!

2012--I only wish it were that easy to get out of a lifetime of work. ;)