Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, June 27, 2008

Update to Kennedy Sucks

Hmm, I figured I be getting some hate email just from the post title alone, ha ha.

Anyway, yesterday the SC issued a decision on the DC handgun ban - they upheld the constitution (GO SCOTUS!!) and affirmed the right for citizens to keep and bear arms, just like the 2nd amendment says. Go figure. Anyway, I got to thinking - regarding the previous post. If someone broke into my house, and I found them trying to rape my child, and I have my handgun (which is protected under the 2nd amendment), I could theoretically shoot and kill the rapist - legally. So why is that okay, but executing a child rapist is not? Just food for thought.

And yes, although I do have misgivings about the state applying the death penalty for child rapists (where no death occurred), if someone was raping my kid, you better believe I would shoot them dead (with my constitutionally protected handgun, of course!)

No comments: