Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Final Stretch

Well, it seems we've all recovered from Roy's stunningly pointless observations - until next time. In other news, this weekend represents the last non-Christmas Eveish chance to wrap up (pun most definitely intended) your shopping, making way for the final thrust this week into the holiday weekend coming up. I was planning on doing just that today - then going out to take pics of Christmas lights this evening (not too late, though - the magic hour for Christmas light pics is right after sunset, about 30 minutes, no more. Any later and you have to overexpose the lights to get any sky light, or expose the lights correctly and get a pitch black sky). Unfortunately, I suffered an extreme case of Saturday Laziness and I have done absolutely nothing all day long, other than mess around on the computer, download some MORE Christmas music to annoy my coworkers with all week long, and....uh....and....well, I guess that's about it.

I guess that means I'll have to finish the rest of my shopping this week - not that there's much left, not after last weekend's mad dash to Arlington and other Metroplexian destinations. One thing left to do is for me to decide what I'm bringing to our Christmas party at work - I was thinking of a kind of stuffed mushroom recipe, but closer to a pizza - take some whole shrooms, remove the stems (and chop them up to add to the stuffing), baste the shrooms in olive oil, or sautee some miced garlic in olive oil and use the garlic in the stuffing and use the garlic-infused olive oil to baste the shrooms. Then I might add some pizza sauce (just a bit) inside the shrooms, then stuff with a mixture of sausage, mozzarella, parmesan, green onion, those sauteed bits of garlic, bread crumbs, and anything else that sounds good. Then broil the shrooms until the cheese melts and browns - it sounds good in my head but I better try it first before the party Friday, just in case it doesn't taste as good in real life as it doesn in my head, ha ha.

Then Sunday is our annual Christmas Eve party thing - not really a party (well, it didn't use to be, but it kinda evolved over the years). Mom is even now fretting about having to cook all the food (its not that much, just time consuming), even though she knows we will all do some of it (although I admit Mom does most of it). Gotta remember to have extra shrimp for Kathy - she really dogged the shrimp last year, ha ha - just kidding Kathy, we all love you -- just hope there's enough for everyone! Anyway, that's all the posting I'm doing today - more to come later!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I heard the mushrooms went over pretty well with dad. I wish I could make up recipes, but they usually don't turn out tasting very good.

Have fun shopping this week!