Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Shopping Begins!


Saturday I went to Arlington (well, I went several places in the Metroplex but most of my shopping was at the mall there in Arlington), braving the traffic and crowds (ugh). Actually it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be - I bet if I went back the last weekend before Christmas, then it might be a tad worse, ha ha.

Anyway, I got most of my shopping done, with a few exceptions which will be taken care of this week most likely. So I'm getting all my shopping done waaay earlier than usual - kinda cool.

Anyway, I kept noticing something all the while at the mall (and at Fry's, and at PetsMart, and everywhere else): even thought Christmas is supposed to be a happy, joyous time, most if not nearly all of the peeps out shopping were glum, rude, and certainly not full of the "Christmas Spirit". Kinda ironic, dontcha think?

The strange thing about all my shopping is that the easiest 'person' to buy for was Snickers - and she almost had the most spent on her - I got her a ramp so she can easily get in and out of the car when we go for a walk at the track. I also got her a giant bed/pillow so she won't have to lay on the hard flat floor. I also got her something from Sharper Image - an ionic grooming brush that conditions the coat and gets rid of dog smell! Shhhh! Don't tell her I got this stuff (I hope Snickers doesn't read my blog.....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang- wish I was a dog! LOL I sympathize with Snickers, there are days when I need a ramp and an ionic grooming brush might be just the thing to make me look young and beauteous! Not to mention that I would love a big old cushy bed rofl. Sounds like Santa is having fun.