Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Restored....

I must be honest - I haven't been to church in a long time. And as long as were being really honest, I'll say that since March or so, I haven't been to church much at all. I can probably count the times on two hands worth of fingers. There's little point as to the 'why' of my absence - let's just say that the less you go, the easier it gets to not keep going. And compound that over several months - plus the awkward feeling you get when you do go and there are some peeps that think you are a new member or even a visitor (which in a way is prefectly accurate - I've merely been visiting Calvary Chapel for most of 2006). I forced myself to go tonight, and you know what? It was awesome, truly awesome. Oh yes, Sid made a comment (Hi, my name's Sid - you may not remember me, etc) and so did Dave and Billy Jo, but they always do, in a fun way.
The best part was Jason's teaching tonight - from 2 Corinthians. Mostly what got me was he specifically mentioned not letting Satan tell you that you're horrible for mssing church so much, so how dare you even go! It was like (and how many times does Jason do this?? lots) he was speaking straight to me and me alone, reminding me that God wasn't mad that I haven't been attending - rather, He is OVERJOYED that I wanted to spend time worshipping Him tonight. Amen - grace is pretty cool when you think about it.

No comments: