Flickr

homer4k. Get yours at 

flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, May 05, 2008

Updates

Been awhile since I posted, hasn't it? Actually I've been quite busy posting this past month or so - just to a different blog. You see, I've been attending a casual, contemporary church service led by Marc since December. I started because I was asked to be a part of the praise team for that service, singing in the band (we even have a name now - The Damascus Road Experience, or DRE for short. Our fans, if we had any, are called DRE-heads. Yeah, go ahead and laugh. We do!) Anyway, the people in the band (Wendy, Robert, Brian, Dee, Dale sometimes, Shawn, and Jessica, and sometimes assisted by Blake) have all become a close-knit group. We even started a Bible-study on Tuesday nights (no more NCIS Tuesday now) which runs the gamut from serious study of the word to utter hilarity - God help us if Shawn and I are sitting next to each other, 'cuz we tend to feed off of each other, and we're both pretty funny. And don't forget Jesus and the Easter bunny - thank you very much Marc.

Anyway, the Sunday night worship is going great - I've even been stepping out a little in faith, and three Sundays ago I actually gave the message. Now, I don't do the public speaking thing. Yeah, I used to teach Sunday school, but that was teaching kids - I know alot more than they do, so it's all cool. But Sunday nights, the "big kids" are there - and there are peeps much more schooled in the Bible than I am. But oh well - my first message went fairly well, I thought, and so this coming Sunday I am starting a series of messages on Romans - my favorite NT book. We'll see how that goes - maybe Dee would like to take on a chapter or two of Romans, like maybe chapter 9-11 (hint hint, Dee) because I really like chapters 1-8, then chapter 12? Hello? Ha ha.

Anyway, (isn't it odd how I tend to use 'anyway' or 'anyhoo' as transitional words? Alot?) spiritually, things are going really well right now, which means Satan is probably looking for a way to attack. But God is in control.

Anyhoo, (there's that word again) we started a blog just for the praise team/Bible study people and lately I've been posting mostly to that. And my own personal blog has been feeling neglected, so I felt I should post here now and then, just to keep the two or three readers up to date, even though one of those two or three readers is herself a member of DRE. So, lonely little blog, don't be afraid - I haven't forgotten you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check everyday for the latest word from you. Yes, your presentation at church was GREAT and well received!!

homer4k said...

I wonder who left an anonymous comment?

Dee Martin said...

Hope you solve the mystery! It has been a renewing experience hasn't it?